Today we’ll find out whether bright or motoroil colors works best in the southern part of Sweden. Let’s prove for Pontus that motoroil is the best color. I’m just waiting until I can equip a motoroil colored bait. To be honest, I did not quite expect the outcome. Hello fishermen! Today me and
Philip will be doing a challenge … where we’ll see what works out the best in the southern part of Sweden. Motoroil tends to be the best, but after a dialog with Pontus, he claimed that bright colors are if not better. Today we’ll test his claim. One will be using bright colors and the other will be using motoroil. We’ll swap colors after an hour, in order to eliminate the fishermen bias. Who’ll start out using motoroil? I want to start out.
– Me as well. Before we begin, leave a comment stating which color you believe will take home the trophy … also smash the like button. Let’s do rock paper scissors? The winner will be starting out with motoroil. Rock paper scissors. Yes! I’ll start out.
– Damn it! One is supposed to use bright colors, but not just like yellow colors. These blue colors are acceptable as well. This one is rather dark and dull, so this is forbidden to use. These are the rules. One hour before we swap colors. Not a competition between you and me.
– It feels like it. It’s in the middle of the winter season, 3.2 degrees of celsius in the water … and the pike has entered more shallow water, so that’s what we’ll keep in mind when fishing. I’m using a single treble hook in order to fish rather shallow and slowly. Let’s start out Philip?
– Let’s do it. Let’s prove Pontus wrong! First cast – gotta make sure my brake is set hard since I’ll be catching a pig. Fishing along the reed line. Follower! Of course the motoroil Flatnose delivered. Who could’ve guessed it? Not Pontus. Pike! Decent one. Second follower. They’re just following today. Fish on! Motoroil delivers! 1-0 to motoroil. We’ve been fishing for half an hour, two followers as well. I swapped from Flatnose to Flatnose Dragon. During colder periods tailbaits can be great. Not the biggest one. Half an hour left of me fishing with motoroiled colored lures. Let’s catch the big ones. When it’s so cold, the mornings are quite slow. It’ll be a sunny day and hopefully they’ll get more active. Does not feel hot. These colors don’t feel good. Something you’d like to tell Pontus?
– He should try out the bright colors here himself. Not as expected. Follower! Had a follower on the non-hot color. There’s a possibility that I can manage to catch one. We have 10 minutes left of fishing until we’ll swap colors. I’ve had two followers and one bite. Philip has had one follower and a bite. I’ll keep on fishing. The first hour has passed. You
had a bite in the final cast.
– Exactly. That’s rather promising since I’ll be using that color now. Motoroil 1-0 though. Similar score when it comes to the amount of bites though. Both had 2 bites.
– Let’s swap. I’ll be using Flatnose in a special motoroil color. I’ll be using a very bright color – Soumi Slayer. Philip had some activity on the Flatnose while I had on the Flatnose Dragon – so the bait does not seem to matter. Check out how shallow! 0.5-1 meter. Super clear water. Check out the movement of the lure as well. I don’t know about this one. It will not be unnoticed though. A bit too colorful for my taste. Here’s the bait Philip managed to get a bite on. If you have broken lures and will be heading for the sportfishing fair … make sure to bring them with you, because during 20-22th of March … the Kanalgratis crew will be recycling these baits and pay you for them. First cast with this ugly lure. Hopefully colors does not matter and Philip is just catching pike after pike. There! No! Had a strike on the ugly one. Time’s up! Finally my first bite on the bright one, just had like three followers before. Of course I missed it. Philip has missed out on a few as well.
– Three or four bites. We did not manage to set the hooks though. We’ve finally managed to find them
– Really inactive, just biting the paddle. I’ll use this trout-color. There are sea trouts here so hopefully they’re used to yellow colored sea trouts. Bad day. We discussed the day. Suddenly I caught this fat 3 kg pike. Nice one.
– Wide back. 1-1. Let’s keep going. Time to release him. Bye bye! The trout color seems to work. There! No! They are just biting the paddle. Three strikes. I will bring this lure to the sportfishing fair. How slow! Swapping time once again. During this hour the bright color only managed to deliver one fish, so the score is 1-1. We’ve had plenty of strikes. We have had like 6-7 bites. If we managed to catch all of them we would’ve had like 10-15 pike. Only due to the inactivity of the pike we’ve managed to catch two! Time is flying away due to the short days. Let’s keep going. Finally hooked up. My soul is getting warm. 2-1 to motoroil. There we go. Holy! There! 2-2! Philip missed the one I caught. He used motoroil. Fat little fellow. Equal score. Perhaps Pontus is right, colors do not matter. Too small sample size to draw a conclusion. Some active fish and finally a pike that hooks itself. Bye! The trout color is good. A freaky sea trout. Our theory was that motoroil would deliver more fish.
Why do we suspect motoroil to work so good here? Since they are eating a lot of
eelpout, this color works good. The score is 2-2. I don’t know what to say. If your fishing shop would like to purchase any of these lures, make sure to contact [email protected] Let’s head for the next spot. Let’s see whether this spot works better than the last time we tried it. Let’s start casting. First cast of the day. Or not.
– You’re right. There! No! They are just nibbling! There! Big one! Nice one! I was like “Why do the pike just nibble” and from nowhere I caught this big one. The fun fact is that it took on the bright colored lure. It’s crazy. Not that long.
– Dense fellow. It’s heavy.
– Like 5.5 kg. Time to release this one. Did not expect the biggest pike to bite on this lure. Time to release it. Lure-swapping time!
– I’ll catch a big one. My turn to use a bright color. I’ll use this trout. Let’s see if I can catch a big one. Good start! Let’s head home Tobbe. We’ve caught the most fish on the Baby Smolt. But I still root for the motoroil. It feels hot, let’s keep going. There! Holy!
– You missed it? What a strike.
– On the Baby Smolt. Anchor up. It’s hot right now.
– More than before. I’ll catch it. Motoroil do your job. Seems to be some pike here in this shallow water. No wind and we’re not fishing that slow since it’s so shallow. Follower!
– I can see it as well. Come on, strike! No, it vanished. There! Motoroil 3-3. Fat. Took on the Flatnose. Perhaps the final pike for today.
– Probably is. Let’s release it. Bye. 3-3! Exciting. We’ll continue because I want motoroil to win this competition. Done for today. Let’s see the result. I did not expect this outcome. The score is equal, 3-3. The biggest one caught on the bright lure. We’ve had 20-25 bites.
– A lot. Just 6 fish up. If you want to see something similar to this, make sure to smash the like button … also leave a comment suggestion for an upcoming challenge. Select two colors you want to see compete against each other. The one with the most likes will get picked.
– Yes. Take care, follow us at Instagram and subscribe for more videos. Bye!
Can you keep warm?
– Ahh, its okay! We have gone our on a really windy day. 10-12m/sec. – Yeah, right now we are in cover for the wind. I feel it in my ears, so cold! It has just been Christmas, with a lot of food. So we need to work out a bit! It’s almost freezing out here, really cold! But, the reason why we went out anyways, Is that today is a bit warmer than the past days. Now its about 5 degrees, compared to the -0 degrees the last days. Almost summer. -Yeah, we have a nice breeze here! So in theory, the fish should have been inactive the last couple of days, and then active today during the warmer temperatures. So I hope we can manage to hook up with some pikes today! This lake is pretty shallow all over…
– Yep, is has a depth on 1,5 m. And it’s big. It”s tricky. But we are in a small bay, where the wind is pushing in from behind. And because the wind is warmer than the water, it’s pushing the warm surface water into this area. So the fish should chase the warmer water, at least we hope so! Cool, shall we get startet?
– Yep, let’s do it! As mentioned, today is shallow water fishing. About 1 meter, so we need to be using some lures that can be fished over this depth, and is pretty weightless at spinstops. I will be using a Twinler. On a offset hook, a big bandit. Rigged this way, I can fish it right over the bottom, and the fish can easily pick it up. I will be using a chatter bait as well. With a curly tail. Nice contrast colours. Real noisy under water. If that doesn’t work… Then maybe this old Westin Swim. It can catch fish everywhere.
– The favourite! In that colour as well!
– exactly, but they don’t make this colour anymore. Or else, this one. Amazing on shallow water! It has a crazy action and spinstops! The colours are visible as well! – Is it a illex?
Yeah, a Gantarel Jr. It will turn around and look for any fish following. Real nice bass lure. Let’s see if any of this works. It’s really cold, because of the winter period. So the days are really short. So let’s see how many fish we can catch on.. how long? 4 hours? It’s gonna be tricky tho! But we have had some nice fishing out here before where we.. We caught a couple of fish at least! But other days there are zero fish out here. So 4 hours, let’s start the timer now and see how many pikes we can catch! Just arrived at the first spot, just to find out that the water is really murky. But at 1,5 meters of depth, it should be possible. So we are gonna be fishing some lightweight lures. And maybe with some crazy colours. But you told me earlier, that you have had amazing fishing on neutral colours tho? So despite the murky water, I am sure the fish can see more than we know. But, first cast. Let’s see! Ah, follower! About 70 cm? We just had 2 fish following in. They were really lazy, and came underneath the lure. So new we are gonna try some lures that can be hanging weightless in the spinstop. Sometimes they are just following in, right until they reach the best moment to strike. Then a spinstop can be really effective! Yes, that’s it! Finally it happend!
– Right about time! Not that big, but a fish! How is it hooked? – Right above the mouth I think? Despite the size, it’s pretty strong! It’s hooked outside the gills?
– Luckily not inside the gills! Ah, cool! That’s it, first fish. Damn they are cold! The water is freezing! You can really tell it has been cold the last days.
– Tell me about it! That’s it!
– Nice fish! Okay for a first fish. Full of leeches. Yeah, they are not moving much now.
– Let’s get it back. There we go! First fish! Fish!
– Fish!? Awesome! Cool, keep it tight! Isn’t it “leader touch” they say in Sweden? Noo, haha! Haha, damn. At least they started striking! Small jerk baits, orange heads, told you! The wind is just crazy out here! Think we are way over the 12 m/sec! Maybe even more! So let’s leave this area, and try to find some cover. Got some small bays right behind me. Hope to find cover there! There is even a guy in a pontoon down there, crazy in this weather! So sorry if you cannot hear us because of the wind tho! Let’s head on down there and keep on fishing! Fish on!? I was just about to start recording! Ah no! No! – Yep there are fish in this area. The one that got away. It released the lure from the screw.
– then we know there are fish here. I was just about to tell you guys, that we arrived at a new spot. We are a bit covered here from the wind. Not really exposed in this area. Jens just missed a fish, what a punishment. Let’s hope they are wakening up! Think the odds are in our favour. Contact at first cast. Yeah, that’s it! Cool! Awesome! Well hooked this time! Yep right in the upper lip. Third fish?
– Yep! Beautiful. They are really pretty out here. Just look at the fins. Real piece of art on these fish. Red gills tho. Real fresh! Off you go, call your grandma! It slowly swimming back down! What number was it? 4 fish now. I think? Should we try to reach 10?
– Yeah, lets do it! Yep! Here we go! Strike boatside!
– Crazy! Ah, cool! What did it take, a jerk bait?
-Yes, it is! But ahh, not the biggest fish. But its better than no fish. But weird that it’s hooked on top again? Yeah, the last couple of fish has been hooked that way. I think they are just really lazy today, coming from down below, just tapping the lure. And then they get hooked? Come here my friend! Thats it. Still not the big one. But it’s crazy fun tho! And they are so strong in these conditions! Crazy that they are so strong, despite the really cold water? But hooked up here, once again. Lets get it back. There he goes. Try to keep your balance.
– Its hard man! How many is it now? 5? Five fish to go! And we have 2,5 hours left of fishing? 2 hours maybe? Ah man, its cool. They start to wake up now! Your turn now! Its mid day, and the fishing died out. But I think this is pretty common, and we have even mentioned it before, that it usually dies out mid day. But the fish is here!
– Yeah, had a lot of followers! And we got some fish as well. So now it’s time for some lunch. Classic Mou Tomato soup. Not sponsored by the way, but Mou, if you see this…Give a call! Let’s get some soup and get heated up! Hopefully the fish will enter a striking period afterwards. Hopefully we will reach 1m+! Could be nice. A real fat winter lady, to welcome the new year of 2020. So a New Years pike. The new year meter.
– That’s what she said.. Ahh.. Okay… Let’s get some soup! Lunch break is done, and it was … Damn good! The fishing died out anyways, right before our brake. So we are heading back out to the area we found fish, and hopefully they wanna play with us now. Half an hour have gone by, maybe that’s enough for them to enter a new striking period. What lure did you use? This green bastard. 5,5″ in a bright UV colour, on a offset hook. Was about to change to a jighead tho, struggled to hook them. But think ill try this again. Just to be able to come right down at the bottom. Think a slow fished lure down there, can do the trick. And we are at 5 fish now. Should reach 10, and we have around one hour left! exiting! Let’s see what they are up to.
– Yep the fish is here and our belly is full! We are heated up, ready to dance! Hopefully the fish are too! Come on fish! Yeah, its good this one! Oh, just about to losse my grip here! Its an okay fish. Took the lure pretty hard this time! Look at it! Hooked really well. Good job! Nice, and right after we changed spot. It took the lure near the weeds over there! And we just talked about the fishing died out… It took a Platypus. Thats it. They are so cold! Really feeling like it’s freezing down in the water! Insane. Nice fish! Real nice condition on that fish.
– Yeah indeed! Nice fatty, white underneath. Bad scar here tho? Weird, from underneath? Let’s get it back. It got me! you’ll get this one, without blood. Time is ticking, we have maximum 40 minutes left of fishing. But really seems like the fish are waking up in the last hours of the day! The key has just been to try out many different lures. We have really tried a lot today! And I don’t know… Fish!? Right beside the boat, woooah! awesome man! And you are back at the green lure!? Thats cool! Let me help you. Well hooked. Just a small bass trick. Slam, same way out as it came in. Goes really fast. Nice fresh, number 7. So close to 10, hope we succeed! Let’s wave goodbye to this small fella. Yeeeeah, its a good one! I just started jerking it real quick!
– I am doing the same! What is happening! Boatside stike, it’s crazy! Think its drugged or something! So cool! Striked right beside the boat! Ah it’s pretty! That’s it, quick release! awesome! Funny they started striking, doing this power fishing! Almost like fishing GT!? Followed all the way in, and striked boatside! Ah, that’s cool! Number 8!? Yep number 8! Just two fish from our goal! We just found a technique that seems a bit… Not that common for the season, but it works. The lure I am using, is this twitch bait. It’s made for big fish in the warmer countries. And to be honest, I am fishing this the way is it ment to be fished for the tropical fish. Real fast retrieve, intense and.. Almost popping it. Real hard twitches, and then some pauses. And then the fish strikes in the pause. They always does that. It looks crazy, but.. it works! But it’s important to use a quite soft rod. Else the lure wouldn’t behave the way it should. With a stiff rod, it will be too fast and agressive. The soft rod will absorb this a bit. Despite that it seems crazy to be fishing like this, during the winter… Despite that, it has given us 4-5 fish here at 3 degrees cold water. and we tried 100 of others lures before they started striking. We had so many fish following in, without striking. So we thought to try something new. And this agressive style of fishing, with twitches and pauses.. Then they will often be forced to strike while there is a pause, and thats simply the trick today. Let’s try that one at the weeds again! Think my drag wasn’t tight enough? Sounded that way! Didn’t get it hooked tho. Ohh, right at the surface! Did you see it opened the mouth!?
– Yeah I saw it! Thought it had the lure! Was about to pee my pants! yeeeeah, nice! How crazy! Number 9! It went crazy for the strike! Not the big one. But.. number 9. Ah, some fish has chopped of the tail? We just had some struggles hooking the fish. They kept following in, boatside. They are tricky today. But this fish started the last 30 minutes for us. Sweet little one! Now we have been fishing this area for a long time, so let’s try to move 50-100 meters alongside the weeds. We got number 9, lets reach 10! Hopefully a bit bigger! Maybe it stands alone somewhere. Let’s see. Finally we reached 10!
– that’s it! 10 pikes! So cool, and it’s slightly bigger than they others. Look at that. Nice fish tho.
– It just make you happy! Ah it’s nice man! Let’s release her. That’s it! So cool man, number 10! We have 10 minutes left of fishing, should we go for number 11? Let’s do it! New goal: 11 pikes!
Jethro and the Boys at the Northern Polar Cap The Fisketur gang has gathered
and this time we are one step closer to the sea What do you think, Opa? A record brown trout. 72cm. With a fly Been lazing for a few years so now
it’s nice to walk for a while. We are somewhere around
the Northern Polar Cap, I don’t even know Our goal is this size brown trouts,
don’t even fit the camera Who do we have here in our gang,
a new member. Who are you? Howdi, I am Samuel Greetings back home We are having a steady climb The terrain is great on our first day And so is the weather.
There’s blueberries as well In the area (Finnmark, Norway), brown trout and
arctic charr don’t have a minimum allowed size We arrived by the fell and
decided to leave our cars behind since cruising with our Volkswagen
wouldn’t be suitable here Have to use feet Got something? Yes, small arctic charr The first fish of the trip Just fine for a tortilla Tasty? Starting from the tail. Mmmmm… What are you guys watching? The wonders of nature… The water couldn’t be any clearer The last stretch of day one,
we’re coming up to the river The sun is starting to set in the horizon It’s amazingly beautiful – to trek here in the warm light with the guys Beautiful men in the wilderness The landscape is like the men,
bare and beautiful It’s the second morning
and eating what we have It’s gonna be a sunny day as well These headwaters we came to,
were dry and stoney Yet with arctic charr.
Maybe we head down stream Move the base camp or do lake excursions It’s great to be here Yesterday evening and night we fished here But only some small arctic charr and trout Even though there is
no minimum allowed length here maybe on this trip we are looking for
something bigger than a finger length It’s the midday sun in the bush and we’ll go looking for some dinner Taneli is already on the lookout – Mikael, how’s life treating you?
– Very well. Need to take a nap. I’ll tell you a story of the fish of my life… Last night the sun was up and the moon
as well and I went fishing I sneaked at the river First, I tried with spinning rod but no luck I saw a huge fish swimming in the pool Then I tried with my special dry fly and with a big amount of luck I cast it right
in the fish’s way and it caught the fly It felt so good. Teppo and Mikael saw
the whole thing so it’s not just a story – Was it your first one with the fly?
– Not the first but the biggest 2 millimeters bigger than Mikael’s, precise work here During some trips it’s a good idea to carry less food with you and trust the nature’s own fridge Finally, after a steep hike, we are at the lake and took some fish with just in case (Teppo: Fish on!) Wait, I’ll come! Hopefully we will got even bigger with the fly tonight – It’s a beauty!
– So beautiful, golden brown fish – And the fisher ain’t bad looking either Well, thanks man There’s no need to put the camera in the bag with Teppo This is a bit smaller but pulled the line more You’re catching up here Meanwhile at the camp… The guys went fishing behind the fell and because of my injury
I stayed at the base camp After the nap I’ll make some coffee and then go to the river to see if
I catch some brown trout or arctic charr Not a bad day at all Let’s see if I catch anything but if not, there is some snack here Got it! – How big?
– Same size as your second These are strong! Before coming here Opa had
never caught a brown trout on the lake Looking good now… Critical moments here Beautiful brown trouts Hello there… Jethro! How’s it going? Taneli knew that I should try now As fresh as it gets With Samuel we left the camp
and went hiking to see different waters and views and hills Step by step We split our team to half and left with Karri towards
Lake Inari to find his red Volkswagen Our camp was somewhere there in the valley We are here 600 meters above
sea level and a bit out of breath Meanwhile elsewhere… – Was it an empty pool?
– Yep If you ever happen to end up by this pool,
it’s not worth the shot, there’s nothing A new day and new fishing areas.
We came here to the highlands There are a few smaller lakes,
let’s see whether we find anything. Got one! It’s a decent fish This is my record dryfly fish A far off, at Northern Polar Cap
there are a lot of these small lakes and when fishing on these
it can be very quiet or anything can happen Today we got lucky with the boys as we found this small clear lake that has nicely brown trout It’s worth wandering and checking out
even the nameless lakes on the maps They can be good fish waters Usually you can say that
the water is up till the shore but here it’s not There you can see a little bit of water but maybe we have to go fishing
the big brown trouts at the next lake Samuel, what do we have for lunch today? Brownie that we got earlier today We’re having it all good here We forgot the frying pan at home, but this will do We are in no hurry Nice one, eh? Not quite a kilogram but at least
we have some evening snack We left our tent behind but it doesn’t matter with
this kinda view under the stars See the fish are rising Now you can see it through
the camera as well Who’ll go get them? Sunday morning Karri just woke me up so I wont get wet First day of rain By this little brook here Luckily, we had a tarp with us We found some reindeer fence poles
and built a shelter My fishing rod served
with a different purpose last night Thanks for holding our shelter up It’s our last pieces of chocolate going down and we’re coming up to the car.
How are you feeling Samuel? Pretty good. We’re going good
here as if we weren’t walking at all The guys stayed behind for another
night and we are heading to Inari Our kayaks are waiting on top of the car Let’s see how the guys’ trip goes Just yesterday we talked about
the amazing weather we have had and now as we’re leaving its heavy rain It’s packing time and we’re
geared up to walk home through the rain I chose the wrong path We got excited as it’s our last day and decided to do the last
20 kilometers to the cars What do you have to say, Teppo? Oh yeah Don’t forget to hit the subscribe button! Thanks! Now boys, we’ll eat a big fish soup a big fish soup
Hello fishermen! I hope you’re doing well because I am. Today we’ll be fishing pike in a small river during … this beautiful season. Smash the like button if you like shore fishing in small rivers … this type of fishing is both easy and fun. Could also be really effective. Had a bite in the drop. What a strike! Ready again to fish for a big pike. I’ll head home and cry. This river is connected to the sea, and these rivers can be really hot to fish at during Autumn … because the bait fish like these rivers – and the pike follows. The same theory works for lakes. I like to bring as little of things with me as possible when I fish these small rivers. I have a bag and a single rod with me. The rod is a light bait casting rod. Saxa Shade Generation 2 … with casting range from 30-90 grams. With this Abu Revo Beast. Very light … and when fishing from the shore, you tend to swap place often, therefor it’s forgiving to use light gear. Don’t stay at the same spot for too long. In the bag I have pliers, scale and other stuff. I also have my bait box with me. Let’s open the box up. These are the baits I prepared with. I’ll start out using a bigger bait, this Flatnose. Plenty of perch in this river so I thought this Transparent Perch … color was suitable. 10 gram lead head. My smaller bait is this Nettel Juvenile. The color motoroil has been great in this river – 7 gram jig head from SPRO. Let’s get these out and place the box in the bag. First cast for today. Hopefully some pike here. Plenty of leaves. Insane. I need to change bait, the Flatnose has a treble hook meanwhile this only has a jig skull. Let’s see if this works out even better. Retrieving it as an usual perch jig. There! Fish! First pike for today. A small fellow. Inhaled my lure. Fun! Fun fishing from the shore. Here it is, like 1.5 kg. Took on the Nettel Juvenile – good downsize lure. First fish up, a sign of fish even though this is not a monster. Also had a bite before but I lost it. Took quite close to me. Bye bye! Nettel Juvenile seems to deliver some pike. I fish it like a regular jig. Lovely swimming action. A really effective lure with it’s action. Let’s keep going and see if I can get one more pike. Been fishing as far up the river as I’m allowed to – so my plan is to fish the same spots again. I’ll swap bait from Nettel Juvenile to something bigger. I’ll use the Shark Shad for the same rotation. Time to see. Here it is. In the color Okoboji Perch. Works great, cool lure. I’m using a 10 gram jig skull. Plenty of logs in the river … so I won’t use to heavy skulls. As you can see, there are no leaves due to the current from the ocean pushing them away. Finally I can use treble hooks. Ready once again to fish for a nice pike. There! Fish! Feels not too big. Took in the drop. How am I going to land this fish? Bass-landing it. How dark, cool pike. Same size as the previous one. Unhooked. Time to go back. Bye bye! Make sure your bait is rigged properly. The hooks are razor sharp. I attached a pear weight, I want it to sink a bit deeper. Check so the leader is okay. The pike took in the drop so it seems to be a key for success. There! They seem to love this bait. I thought they wanted a smaller lure though. Been using the Juvenile for some time. Bigger baits seem to be better. Biggest for today. Stood on this log. Would be crazy if I caught a 10 kg pike at this spot. Yes! It has been quite a slow morning but it seems as if the activity has increased. Two pikes in 20 minutes. Not super big. There are big ones here though, time to release it. I thought down sizing was the key, but I was wrong. Trying to release it as carefully as possible. Bye bye! I’m in my car relaxing. Eating some cinnamon rolls. Some Swedish fika. I’ve fished far up the river, but my plan now is to fish way down. Could be hot since it’s close to the sea. Hopefully we’ll have some success. Been here for a while without any bites – but from previous experience of this river … I know some days are tougher than other. I’ll head back in a month. See you then. Today I’m at the river once again and with me I brought Edvin! We’ll try to find the right bait, method and spot. Some days are way better than other in this river, so we’ll make a quick session here … if we don’t have that much activity. This Nettel Juvenile worked decent last time.
– Good size for this small river … they perhaps want this smaller lure. Could be good – let’s try it out. About a month since I fished here before. Last time I caught some on the Shark Shad using a 10 gram flexhed. So that’s what I’ll stick with again. If your fishing shop would like to purchase these baits, like this Shark Shad, contact [email protected] We’re at the first spot. An area with some current and a back-water. The pike like these spots. While Edvin is making some casts, I’ll head for another spot so we can cover more area. Had one! Just felt a small nibble on the Shark Shad. It’s like 4-5 degrees celsius in the water … so they are quite slow and inactive. One contact in 15 minutes of fishing – promising! Would’ve been even better if I managed to hook it. No! Tobbe! Had a good one. What a strike! Lost it. Had an insane bite. On the bigger bait. Pike might like these bigger lures. Nice strike, was a decent pike – saw it when it struck my bait. Let’s keep fishing. Fish! Tobbe! Decent fish. I made a cast in the middle of the current. Thought I was stuck in the bottom. Feels decent. Bigger baits are great. Decent. Like 80 cm, quite fat. Took on the Fatnose. They like bigger baits, perhaps due to the big bait fish. Let’s release it. Fun! Let’s get one more. Fish! Holy! Nice one! Almost a meter fish! Nice Tobbe! These are the ones we want.
– Let’s land it. No!
– You lost it. Typical. I won’t cry because of it since we saw it’s size. Probably like 6-7 kg, 100-105 cm. Not a personal best and we would’ve had trouble landing it. So it’s not too bad. Was of course a lovely pike but that’s how it goes.
– I’ll go home and cry. Took on the Fatnose in the color Hotpike, retrieved the lure really slow. Let’s get one more.
– That’s how it goes sometimes. Better average size compared to the previous session. We at least managed to see it. If we brought a net with us we probably would’ve landed it. It is what it is. What’s your take on the session Edvin?
– Decent session … we’ve been fishing for like 3 hours effectively and we caught 1 pike, and plenty of bites. Better than expected.
– This river is not a place where you keep on hammering … so nice to do these quick sessions to see if there are some fish here. That’s all for today. Don’t forget to subscribe for more videos. Follow us at Instagram … make sure to smash the like button if you enjoy shore fishing. Take care fishermen! Bye!
Hi! Here I am having a look at one of my “childhood” waters just to make sure it is still possible to fish here. I’m going to do a new series next year called “Reliving my fishing diaries”, but it is about 30 years since I was at those places the last time, so I have to make sure they are still accessible. And this place is one of them. Even if it has changed a little it should still be able to fish here. While you are waiting for the first episode you can watch my recap of my fishing 2019. Some of these clips never appeared on the channel, and some of them you might have seen before, if you have been watching my videos. But everything that is filmed is not published. Hopefully I will start filming and editing in January and then publish one of those videos each month. So I will try to visit a new place from my old fishing diaries each month. 2019 was a good year for me. My Youtube channel went from about 500 subscribers to more than 2000. 7,9 kg (17lbs) and 85 cm long. My goal for 2020 will be to reach 3000 subscribers before the end of 2020. And to reach that goal I have a lot of plans for 2020, but as usual, time is always a limit. Sometimes when I watch Youtube, Facebook and Instagram I get the feeling that many begínners want to succeed and catch BIG fish from the beginning trying to take shortcuts by just fishing waters that contain really huge fish. They start out fishing only for big fish and nothing else is good enough. And I do blame social media for this, since most of the pictures published is of big fish. This can make you feel like you are the only one not catching. I sometimes feel that some beginners are trying to jump ahead of some steps in the evolution., by trying to catch a 7kg (14lb) bream before they have even caught a 3 kg (6lb) bream. I hope I will be able to take away some of that feeling (that only big fish count), by taking you to the places where I started to go fishing. It wasn’t in a super specimen water, because we fished waters close to where we lived. And this place is one of them., so one episode will be from here. Other plans are to make a series about fishing competitions, where I will film my preparations for the European Championship that will be held in Coruche, Portugal in July 2020. Hopefully I will also be able to capture the week we’ll stay in Portugal including the championship, which I can then share with you here. If time allows I will also go fishing for specimen fish in not so known waters trying to catch decent fish of various species. Not neccessarily monsterfish, but good fish, just to prove that you can catch nice fish just about anywhere in Sweden., and that you don’t have to travel far to catch some nice fish. Hopefully I can inspire some people to go out and try to find new waters. -“A real lump!”
(No it’s not) -“Is it too big?”
-“Yes it is. It has become rubbery.” I will also make some more episodes of where I try different methods and waters. I am going to rent a fishing guide to see if he can teach me new things about a fishing I am not familiar with. Start all over again… 145 cm 8340g (18lbs)
110 cm Please don’t forget to subscribe to my channel if you find it interesting. I will start preparing to start filming as soon as 2020 begins. Thanks for watching.
Ice fishing premiere this year!
– Hold up! It’s still December Tobbe, so not the first time for the year – but for the season! What are you doing here August? Get it!
– Really nice one August! Everything went in out favour today. We’re on it – finally out ice fishing. Stay away from me.
– Thin ice? The ice is quite thin, but we have ice dubbs which we keep ready all the time. We can always use the whistle pipe as well. August keep your ice dubbs outside the jacket!
We also brought with us a life line. August checked the ice yesterday and it was okay. The first ice is always quite unstable. We’re located at a small lake. It’s 300 meters above the sea level, thus the ice settles in faster. The big lakes are too risky. Since this is our first time – our storage of bait fish is suboptimal. I had some perch – and you had some. Probably not the best bait, but there’s nothing we can do. The only thing we can do is await the first bite. A shame if we didn’t caught anything. The ice fishing season 2019/2020 has begun!
– Let’s do it. If you’re as excited as me – make sure to smash the like button and leave a comment regarding the thickness of ice in your nearby lakes. What are you doing here August?
– I’m trying out the reeds. We’ve been fishing for 3-4 hours. Not a single bite yet.
– Therefor we’ll fish in the reeds. That’s how we do it when we are in need of fish. During low activity it’s important to switch up your game. August swapped spot – so will I. For some reason we haven’t got any bites – probably due to the inactivity of the fish … however behind me there’s a hole – and perhaps it’s not optimal. So I’ll move it. Hopefully it will deliver something. Time to find out. Like 10 meters away. Why is this good?
– Can’t be any worse than the previous spot. We have never fished here before but we have 12 rods in total so we should cover the area. I blame the perch. I hate using perch as bait when ice fishing – roach is preferred. Here comes a perch. Catch – guaranteed.
-Really! Something has happened. No! A pike took my perch. Unfortunately we didn’t notice it. First sign of life here. My tactic of fishing this close to the shore is perhaps the key to success. Small pike.
– Or it was a big one who devoured the perch. Let’s keep going. Bite! I saw it biting! Should I record? Hear the ice cracking? Perhaps we should calm down.
First ice, so we make a lot of noise. Perhaps the first fish.
– Not pelagic exactly. It has taken line. Go for it! What are you doing? Holy! We caught one! I don’t wanna lose this. Should be hooked well though. Yellow-ish! 2 meter from the shore, not that small. Check it out. First pike for today for the season 2019/2020. Fat as well. Good condition. Not super fat but compact.
– Show the belly. A bit yellow-ish due to the murky water. How fun!
– Let’s get a picture. Congrats Tobbe.
– Thanks, time to release it. As you can see – there’s a slight distance between us two due to the thin ice. World’s worst release but it swam back. Very dark water. Like coffee. Perhaps this is where you should fish – along the shore, not the reeds. We’ll see, if Tobbe manages to catch more along this ugly edge I’ll move. Why did I place a rod here?
This spot does not look that hot right? Check through the ice. There’s no vegetation, just at my place. Therefor I placed my rod here. Time to grab a new perch and hope for more fish. Fish on! Yes! I saw my bell moving, but didn’t fully release due to the size of this pike. What a small one. I also caught one! A fish is a fish.
– This pike took while I was rigging my rod. We don’t have that much bait fish so we’ll use this little fellow as bait for tomorrow. This pike will deliver a pig. I heard a bite? Things are happening.
– We can feel the tension in the air. 3 bites, two pike. Decent start.
– 1 hour left of fishing. Let’s get it. We’re done for today. Are you happy with the result?
– Mixed feelings. 3 bites, 2 pike. Tomorrow we’ll head out again. I hate using perch as bait so we hope for better fishing tomorrow. Let’s wrap it up. Bye! Hello everyone! Hope you enjoy Tobbe’s video. If your fishing shop would like to support us … you can sell the baits Tobias use. Sounds interesting? Send me a mail on this adress … and we’ll proceed after that. Back to the ice! Bite on a big bream. There’s something on! Fish on! Here it comes. Decent. There we go. Almost no line left. Nice colors. High five Tobbe! I have a strike. It’s on. Small one. It’s losing it’s mind! Hello you. Let’s unhook you. Back you go. As you can see. We can stand near eachother today. -10 degrees celsius last night. And we actually wanted to fish at this place yesterday, but we didn’t dare. Two rivers are connected. So could be hot today. I haven’t even got all my stuff out yet.
– Exactly. Two bites, two pike. Keep watching! Stuff is happening. Bite! Hopefully a pig. Just taking line. Let’s get it. Decent fish! Big! Big one August! What a fighter, a nice one. A meter fish with some luck. What a nice one. Over a meter. Should we measure it?
– Yes. While August is getting the equipment needed, I’m keeping it below the surface. Here we have here. Nice one. Big head but not that fat. Let’s measure. 6.5 kg without the bag probably. Let’s get the length as well. 101 cm. Check this beauty out. Let’s release her. We’ll use this bag as extra protection. What a lovely pike. This lake is a lot more clear than the lake compared to yesteday, this allow us to see the vegetation … and we can place the rods perfectly. As Tobbe said, we have a good vision of the vegetation. Here goes the line. Nice clear ice. Here is some vegetation. You don’t want to place your bait in the middle of the weeds … but the pike are usually located in this weedy areas, so we place our rods just a bit further away. This is quite hot, Tobbe did the same way. It could be vegetation along the bottom wherever you place it, therefor it’s important to keep your bait high up in the water. Otherwise the bait can get stuck in the weeds, in addition the pike can spot the bait easily. Bite again on my favourite rod. Placed it in a streamy area. Let’s keep calm. Bite again? Let’s get it rapidly. Small one. Bite on your’s! Could be a decent one. Not a big one. I saw a roach. Here it is.
– Where? So cool when there’s clear ice. There we go. Number 10. When you have 1:1 ratio, it means the pike are really active, they tend to bite rather hard. Yesterday was suboptimal compared to today. Today’s fishing has been good. Now it’s getting warmer, with rain and snow. As you can see the ice is weakening. Happpy with the day?
– Certainly compared to yesterday. We’ve done well.
– Let’s keep going. The days are short. Hopefully more bites. What’s happening in the rain?
– 5 minutes later we got a bite. Number 15! You want the reel to sprout line. No pike on. It’s devoured. August has a bite and so do I. Let’s see. It has taken some line. Caught mine! Something is on. Here it comes. A small fellow. Double strike.
– Fun. Bye! After the first day we felt a bit sad and our self esteem was low. But we reclaimed everything today! Been a good day with a solid pike.
– Good revenge. Let’s wrap things up. It’s supposed to get warmer so we’ll see when the next ice fishing video will be released. Exactly, smash the like button for another ice fishing video. Take care, follow us at Instagram and Facebook, links are in the description. Don’t forget to subscribe for more fishing videos. Take care. Bye!
Today, we’ll fish for perch. When we arrived at the water, we saw
a lot of bait fish on the fish finder. We have brought some Herring equipment with
us, so let’s see if we can catch something. Big fish again! They are very pale here,
at first I thought it was a zander. What a take! It felt like a pike,
it was that hard. It was like.. If it was a herring,
it would have weighed 1 pound. Now we have a big one! I have a stinger. You’ll catch big perch. Two casts in a row!
Two casts in a row! Let me also make a cast
– It’s a big fish. For you who doesn’t know how you fish for
herring, it look like this. First it’s a line with 5 hooks. On the
hooks, there’s flash, pearls and stuff like that. Then you have a sinker at the bottom. A weight. Let it down in the water. It is important
to have extremely good fishing gear.. ..when fishing for baltic herring. We use our perch rods, and this time,
it’s a Yasei-rod. There!
– And a reel from Shimano.
Let the tackle down in the water.
– I caught two fish. Now, you’ll see how ugly mouths they have. They can eat really big things, even
though they are quite small fishes. The fish school starts at 3 meters of
depth. Let it down and then they’ll bite. There! Missed it, it only nibbled. I’ve got fish.
– Now we have a big one. It was big.
– I have one. Caught a big one. We are nice to the fish,
so we release them. Now!
– Oh. We have a lot of fish on the hooks.
– I caught two fish. Do you have even more?
– I don’t know. Is it heavy?
– Whoho. Four fish. Plus two. Fish scales everywhere.. There! Oh..
– Did you have one? Yes. I thought I had one.. ..then I lifted the jig and it took once again. I can tell you, it wasn’t a small fish. We are now on the perch place and
it didn’t take long before I had contact.
I have a fish. This place always holds fish.
– Perchie. Yes, indeed, it was a perch. He’s very pale. Look how deep he has swallowed the lure. What color do you use, Philip?
– I use a, well, it looks like a minnow. It’s Trigger X Minnow Paddle. With a 21 gram head.
First cast. I use a 18 gram head.
– They are very pale. Well, they don’t have
much color on them here. What a take! It felt like a pike,
it was that hard. It was like.. If it was a herring,
it would have weighed 1 pound. It was a school of perch on the fish
finder, then I put on a vertical jig.. ..and dropped it on the fish school. Didn’t take long before
I hooked a perch. I lost a perch before I
caught this one. Let’s release the perch and see.. In fact, the fish school are still down
there, so let’s see if we can catch more. It’s a fish at 4 meters of depth.. It’s a big fish school down there.
– Indeed, it’s a lot of fish. My lure didn’t even have time to go down.. No! It was big too. I use this jig. It works,
but I will try a green one.. ..and see if they like that one better. Caught a perch now. Was it one the stinger hook
you recently tied? Yes.
– You’ll see. It’s a quite big perch. Exactly 40 centimeters. They don’t have any leeches on them,
so it seems like they are very active. We have seen on the sonar that they have
beem swimming around a lot in the water. They are very pale,
here in the ocean. At first, I thought I
had hooked a zander. It’s head shakes from a zander.
– I don’t know what it is. It’s zander.
– I took a twin tail Storm jig and.. ..reeled it in like usual. It’s something big that
has taken the jig. It’s either a pike or..
– I don’t know what it is. It doesn’t feel like a pike. I don’t know what it is, it’s
either falsely hooked or.. ..it could be like a bream or something. Na, I think it’s a fish.. Well, I know it’s a fish but I
think it is a strange fish. If it was a pike, it would have
been doing longer runs. I don’t want to lose it before
we can see what it is. Especially when it’s something bigger. Now, we’ll see it soon. A pike.. I’m very disappointed. Thought it was too calm..
– Yes, me too. Come here.
Ah, it came loose. This was the lure. Works great on pikes too..
– Yes, good for pike. Big fish once again. Hope it isn’t a pike this time.
– It is. We drove to a.. ..new place and didn’t fish for more than 5
minutes before Philip got stuck to the bottom. Then I caught this one. It’s a pike, isn’t it?
– Yes. It smells like herring. It is not fat. Now! The perch are insane,
it’s a better fish too. No, it felt better.. It wasn’t that bad. It’s the stinger hook that makes it,
if I didn’t have a stinger.. ..hook I don’t think
I would have caught it. They are quite picky, so I tied
a stinger to the hook and now.. ..I hook the fish. A small treble hook. Perfect. Catches nice perch. It’s deep over there, then it’s shallow,
and then it’s deep again. Yes, I know, it’s a shallow plateau
and the perch seems to be around it. They usually bite when the
jigs are on the plateau. You don’t need to make long casts. It was quite slow, so the
camera man also made a cast. Caught a zander that weighed 5,24 kg. Quite nice. Let’s measure it and see
how long the zander is. There.
– 82 cm. It was a big perch.
– Well, that’s not a perch, or is it? Or?
– Well, it’s probably a big perch. Should I release it? A pike took my jig, so I lost it. I will now show you
how to rig a new one. First I’ll insert a jig head. I use a 14 gram jighead because
we fish on deeper water. You want to have control of
the bait and feel everything. I’ve now inserted the head
and since they are quite picky.. ..I prefer to use a small stinger
further down on the paddle. I then use a fluorocarbon leader. I simply tie the fluorocarbon in
the head and on the hook. I use a hook from VMC. Measure how long you want. Something like this. Pull together. Aouch.
Don’t want to hook myself. I now have a stinger. Put the hook in the jig here. What’s good with these jigs are that
they come in packaging like this. It’s a smelling substance in there,
so they smell disgusting but.. ..it’s good for the fish. They are biting on them. Let’s go for another spot. When fishing in the archipelago,
it’s important to have a chart. It’s a lot of rocks and shallow plateaus
that you otherwise could hit. Think about that if you’re going
out to fish in the archipelago. Yes, fish on! It’s quite big head shakes.
Well, no, it isn’t big. Let’s release this perch. Nice fish. Two casts in a row!
Two casts in a row! Let me also make a cast.
– It’s a big fish. Well, really.. This one is big. No, but it’s nice. It was bigger than the previous one. Look, it has no colors. It was actually quite nice. Pale and fine.
– It was decent. I fish with a BFT Microwave rod. You can cast long with this rod
because of the special line guides. You also get a better aim. It has been quite hard fishing today. We have managed to catch some perch,
but we didn’t find the biggest ones. I still think it has been a fun day.. ..with other species than what we fished for.
It has been fun! Subscribe to Kanalgratis Youtube Channel.. ..and follow us on Instagram and Facebook.
Links is in the description. Bye, and go get a big roach later.